Heading back home today


Who ever started saying “Time flies when you having fun”? The saying couldn’t be any more true for me this weekend. My father-in-law and I just wrapped up the first annual Checola Memorial Tournament down in the Villages. The first name engraved on the trophy will be Joe “the finisher” Pond. I almost pulled a New York Giants, you know, big lead, then allow your opponent to come back in win. I’m glad I built such a big lead, cause JC was coming on strong in the end. I will be defending my title next year, so bring on any challengers. Anyways, Dad and I were lucky enough to see something truly remarkable. The space ship Discovery launched Saturday night and we were able to see Discovery almost the complete time. Kennedy Space Center is about 3 hours from where we were. It was truly amazing, we have all seen planes in the sky, but this was definitely different. I really couldn’t see the ship that well, but the glow from the rockets was breath taking. It was truly a sight that I will never forget. Well, just woke up and need to start parking. Missy, and Mom are picking us up tonight. See everyone soon!!!

No comments: