Wonderlic Test


I kept hearing about the "wonderlic" test all weekend during the NFL draft. It amazes me that college educated students can perform so poorly in this test. Take for example Vince Young, quarterback for the Titans, he scored a 6 out of 50. 14 is considered an "unskilled worker", and I believe if you score under 10 your considered slow, and I don't mean with your feet. The more amazing concept is that he still was picked top 5 in the draft, and the teams excuse was "he's not a good test taker". No, your neiv and he's dumb. A perfect fit for greedy owners to fill their stadium with a new horse and generate even more revenue. It's a good thing shelf life for an NFL player isn't long, because I'm sure parents wouldn't want their children to model their academic standards after someone who can't figure out that the number 9 represents the month of September. It drives me crazy sometimes to think what the american culture has become when monitary rewards are claimed with how a person performs on the field, rather that contributing something to society other than 3 touch downs with 250 yards for a particular Sunday afternoon. Of course, I must mention, this comes from an overweight middle aged man who never really excelled on any playing field. I would be a hypocrite to say I didn't and still do idolize these athletes, but after the confusion of adolescence, I understand what a true role model would be. They are never rewarded with lucrative contracts, or ongoing recognition, they are simple unknown to the majority of the world. 
I'll get of my soapbox, anyways, there is a Yankee game on after all. He's a link to take the test . Be sure to post your results...

No comments: